King Street, Skelmanthorpe, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Sold Subject to Contract Guide Price £99,995
A beautiful two bedroom Grade II listed cottage situated in the popular and sought-after village/suburb of Skelmanthorpe.
A beautiful two bedroom Grade II listed cottage situated in the popular and sought-after village/suburb of Skelmanthorpe. This lovely cottage is walking distance from the centre of Skelmanthorpe offering ample amenities.
Local amenities comprise a large Co-op convenience store, a number of small independent shops selling a range of products, a library, serval pubs, restaurants and a wine bar.
Local schools are excellent including a number of well-regarded primary schools and an excellent secondary school incorporating a college.
Transportation links are excellent with easy access to Huddersfield with frequent public transport. Barnsley, Leeds and Sheffield are also within a convenient distance with M1 motorway a relatively short drive from the property, easily connecting the above.
The cottage is quirky, charming and full of character with many lovely features that are expected from a Grade II cottage, viewing is a must to appreciate.
The cottage is situated over three floors. The ground floor comprises an entrance vestibule, sitting room and kitchen.
The first floor comprises a landing, double bedroom and bathroom.
The second floor has a superb master bedroom with lovely exposed timber beams and a stunning view out towards to Emely Moor Mast and the rolling hills that surround.
The cottage has a pleasant homely feel.
The property is also located on a quiet one-way road.
To conclude a stunning cottage in a lovely village.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE A useful entrance vestibule that leads into the property. The entrance vestibule offers plenty of space for hanging coats and shoe storage. A second door leadings into the sitting room.
SITTING ROOM A charming sitting room with timber beams to ceiling and a lovely/commanding feature chimney breast. A window above a pleasant window seat allows natural light in, which looks out over the front garden/yard. The sitting room is neutrally decorated and leads down into kitchen and the staircase to the first floor. A practical under staircase cupboard exists, perfect for storage.
KITCHEN A neutrally decorated kitchen with a paper feature wall comprising ample lower and upper level cupboards with matching worktops and tiled splash backs. The kitchen utilities comprise a stainless-steel sink with a mix tap and a window above that allows ample light in. Space for an oven/hob, fridge freezer and a washing machine exist. A pleasant tiled floor and the property's boiler is situated in the kitchen.
LANDNG A spacious and neutrally decorated landing that benefits from exposed timber beams and a window above the staircase that allows natural light in. The landing leads into a double bedroom, bathroom and a second staircase to the second floor.
DOUBLE BEDROOM A neutrally decorated double bedroom with a lovely feature window with a stunning timber beam above.
BATHROOM A spacious bathroom which comprises a bath with shower over, pedestal wash basin and a low level W.C. The bathroom is neutrally decorated with a tiled floor and a number of tiled splash backs. A large frosted window allows ample light in.
MASTER BEDROOM A stunning and spacious master bedroom situated on the second floor of the cottage. The master bedroom comprises a number of exposed timber beams and two large windows which offer lovely far reaching views. One view looks toward Emley Moor mast and its rolling hills that surround.
THE EXTERIOR The cottage benefits from a front garden/yard. This is perfect for sitting out in the warmer summer months.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION Tenure - We believe the property to be Freehold.
Council Tax Band A.
1. Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - Purchasers and Tenants will be asked to produce identification documentation. Please ask to see our policy statement if you would like more information.
2. We endeavour to make our particulars accurate and reliable. However, they are only a general guide to the property and if there is any aspect of our particulars which is of importance to you, please contact the office and we will be happy to check were we reasonably can.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract, the matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Yorkshire's Finest Leeds Limited T/A Cornerstone Estate Agents nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty about this property.