* UNEXPECTEDLY REOFFERED TO MARKET * Yorkshire's Finest Estate Agents are delighted to offer for sale this fantastic building plot with planning permission located in Green belt. The building plot is located in the highly regarded semi-rural location of Warmfield which is situated approximately 4 miles from Wakefield City Centre.
Yorkshire's Finest Estate Agents are delighted to offer for sale this fantastic building plot with planning permission located in Green belt. The building plot is located in the highly regarded semi-rural location of Warmfield which is situated approximately 4 miles from Wakefield City Centre.
In brief the building plot is the former car park to the Pineapple Inn public house which has now been thoughtfully and tastefully converted/redeveloped into a high specification and stunning family home now known as The Pineapple.
This is a unique building plot as it benefits from planning permission for the construction of an underground house. The plot is substantial being approximately 587 square meters in size and offers uninterrupted far reaching views to the south east and south west.
THE HISTORY OF THE SITE The building plot is the former car park to the Pineapple Inn public house which was located to the west boundary of the building plot.
THE VISION The Pineapple Inn public house itself has been transformed in recent years to an outstanding modern single dwelling family home (can be seen above). However, its former car park has been left derelict. The current owners of the car park felt it was an eye sore within green belt land. Their vision was to pursue planning permission to create a bespoke, unique and energy efficient home that would enhance the immediate and surrounding area while not spoiling the green belt - the underground house was born.
The underground house was granted planning permission on Friday 7th June 2019.
THE UNDERGROUND HOUSE The current design of the underground house is a four-bedroom property with each bedroom having its own en-suite. A spacious open plan living area that would include a kitchen, dining area, lounge and family area with one-way glass bi-folding or sliding doors out into the garden. Other rooms to the property feature a hallway, boiler room, guest W.C., utility room and a double garage. As a whole the underground house would be extremely energy efficient and be approximately 3,400 sq ft in size including the garage.
Externally the underground house has immediate access on to a shared driveway which then leads onto its own private driveway. The private driveway leads down to an integral double garage. An amazing south facing garden will be accessed from the open plan living space with lovely far reaching views over green belt.
Visible walls/elevations would be constructed from simple materials such as glass and timber to be discreet and blend in with the green belt. The current car park would be upper level of the underground house making the property seem almost none existent from the road side. The proposed roof would be laid to grass or a similar organic material.
PLANNING APPLICATION COMMENTS What do people have to say?
''I write in support of this particular planning application. New development on green belt is subject to its aspects of its design quality and greenbelt planning permission relies on design and can be permitted if it is of high architectural value and quality.
The design of this particular proposal is truly outstanding and innovative in nature and:
- Raises standards of design; - Reflect the highest standards in architecture; - Significantly enhance its immediate setting; - Sensitive to the defining characteristics of the local area.
The site is previously developed land and its redevelopment is encouraged both at a national level and a local level with a brownfield target of all new housing. The site is currently a disused car park which does not make a positive contribution to the character or appearance of the green belt location. There are elements of the development that will create a visual benefit The houses will be built to a high Code for Sustainability and significantly enhances its immediate setting. The proposed development will result in a reduction in the amount of surface water run-off.
Collectively the above factors combine with sufficient weight to represent the very special circumstances that would overcome the harm to the green belt by reason of the openness.
In addition I request that this particular planning application which will significantly enhance its immediate setting be decided by the Planning and Highways Committee''.
PLANNING STATEMENT Please contact our office if you would like a website link to view the full planning statement prepared by James Robert - J R Planning Consultants.
THE CONCLUSION An amazing opportunity, perfect for that person(s) or family looking for that sought after self build project.
Allowing you to put your own stamp on something unique and one of a kind.
These particulars showcases the land for sale and the current planning permission that exists on that land being the underground house. However, the world is your oyster and the building plot could potentially offer a more conventional dwelling subject to a further planning application/request of permission. The precedent has been set with the underground house.
We welcome any enquires.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION We believe the Tenure will be Freehold.
The purchase of the building plot will be reliant on part transfer of title number WYK562397.
1. Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - Purchasers and Tenants will be asked to produce identification documentation. Please ask to see our policy statement if you would like more information.
2. We endeavour to make our particulars accurate and reliable. However, they are only a general guide to the property and if there is any aspect of our particulars which is of importance to you, please contact the office and we will be happy to check were we reasonably can.
3. Measurements: These approximate sizes are only intended as general guidance.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract, the matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Yorkshire's Finest Leeds Limited T/A Cornerstone Estate Agents nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty about this property.